Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mirit Naim <Mi...@ayeca.com> on 2003/06/02 14:49:45 UTC

Re: connectors and port80

Under which account you installed tomcat? If it is not root, you can't
run it at port 80 just like that (maybe there is a forwarding option, I
don't know).

>>> Vince.Fumo@acs-inc.com 06/02/03 04:46PM >>>
I'm trying to get tc to run on a linux 9 server. I've got it working
fine on
port 8080 but when I change my connector to port 80 I get an access
denied
exception (see info below). I'm guessing I got the connector
definition
correct and that its something in linux. Do any of you have any
suggestions?

Connector (from server.xml)

redirectPort="8443" bufferSize="2048" port="80"
connectionTimeout="20000"
scheme="http" enableLookups="true" secure="false"
protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"
debug="0"
disableUploadTimeout="true" maxKeepAliveRequests="100" proxyPort="0"
tcpNoDelay="true" maxProcessors="75" minProcessors="5"
acceptCount="100"
useURIValidati onHack="false" connectionLinger="-1" compression="off">

<Factory
className="org.apache.catalina.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory"/>
</Connector>

Exception output (from catalina.out)

[INFO] Registry - -Creating MBeanServer
java.net.BindException: Permission denied:80
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:280)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.init(Http11Protocol.java:150)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.java:11
17)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Unknown Source)
[ERROR] Http11Protocol - -Error initializing endpoint
<java.net.BindException: Permission denied:80>
Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization
failed:
java.net.BindException: Permission denied:80
LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization failed:
java.net.BindException: Permission denied:80
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.java:11
19)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Unknown Source)
Catalina.stop: LifecycleException:  This server has not yet been
started
LifecycleException:  This server has not yet been started
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Unknown Source)

Vincent Fumo
Software Engineer
ACS State and Local Solutions
777 Saw Mill River Rd.