Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Targino Silveira <ta...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/26 17:03:38 UTC

Starting with hadoop and Sqoop.

Hi there,

I have some little questions about Sqoop, first is we has some time that
Sqoop I'll be ready for production ?

Another question is, that Sqoop is a midware between Hadoop and my
database, so I don't understand very well how it's work, one doubt there I
have is copy my data from my data to Hadoop cluster, and from Hadoop
cluster to my database, if I'm right, how it's happen ?

Targino Silveira
+55-85-8626-7297
www.twitter.com/targinosilveira

[image: My QR VCard]
 Want a signature like mine?
<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=21&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_21>
CLICK
HERE.<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=21&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_21>

Re: Starting with hadoop and Sqoop.

Posted by alo alt <wg...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

post inline.

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

On Mar 26, 2012, at 5:03 PM, Targino Silveira wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have some little questions about Sqoop, first is we has some time that Sqoop I'll be ready for production ?

Sqoop is ready for production, how much time you need to get a workflow running depends on you.

> Another question is, that Sqoop is a midware between Hadoop and my database, so I don't understand very well how it's work, one doubt there I have is copy my data from my data to Hadoop cluster, and from Hadoop cluster to my database, if I'm right, how it's happen ?

Yes, Sqoop wil copy data from HDFS into your DB or vice versa. That happen with a command line like sqoop import --connect ...
A running example you could find in my blog (with MS SQL)
http://mapredit.blogspot.de/2011/10/sqoop-and-microsoft-sql-server.html

- Alex