Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Cameron McCormack <cl...@csse.monash.edu.au> on 2003/06/16 10:36:59 UTC

Zero-area rect doesn't get rendered after its size is changed

Hi.

I had a look through the bugzilla to see if this was already reported,
but I couldn't see it.

This example doesn't display the rect after the script gets run:

  <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="200" height="200" viewBox="0 0 200 200">
    <rect id="r" x="50" y="50" width="0" height="0" stroke="black" stroke-width="3" fill="yellow"/>
    <script language="text/ecmascript">
      var r = document.getElementById("r");
      r.setAttribute("width", 100);
      r.setAttribute("height", 100);
    </script>
  </svg>

I know the spec says that rendering of the rect should be disabled if
either the width or height is 0, but surely this doesn't mean even if
it's changed to a non-zero later?

Thanks,

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack
  // clm@csse.monash.edu.au

RE: Zero-area rect doesn't get rendered after its size is changed

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

CM> Hi.  I had a look through the bugzilla to see if this was already
CM> reported, but I couldn't see it.

    Please do report it.  Your test is a pretty good one.

CM> This example doesn't display the rect after the script gets run:

CM>   <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="200" height="200"
CM> viewBox="0 0 200 200"> <rect id="r" x="50" y="50" width="0"
CM> height="0" stroke="black" stroke-width="3" fill="yellow"/> <script
CM> language="text/ecmascript"> var r = document.getElementById("r");
CM> r.setAttribute("width", 100); r.setAttribute("height", 100);
CM> </script> </svg>

CM> I know the spec says that rendering of the rect should be disabled
CM> if either the width or height is 0, but surely this doesn't mean
CM> even if it's changed to a non-zero later?

    Correct this is a bug.  Unfortunately it is a hard bug to fix, it
means that we have to have a new state for rendering nodes.  Existant
but non-functional.  This also gets to our (mis)handling of 'display'
(which has the same issue).