Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2003/02/04 11:09:35 UTC

[GUMP] removal of jakarta-cactus-ant affects Turbine projects

Hi,

the project definition for jakarta-cactus-ant has been removed from
Cactus' Gump descriptor, which now leads to

> Dropping project jakarta-turbine-3 because of Exception
> java.lang.Exception: project "jakarta-cactus-ant" not found
> processing project jakarta-turbine-3

> Dropping project jakarta-turbine-2 because of Exception
> java.lang.Exception: project "jakarta-cactus-ant" not found
> processing project jakarta-turbine-2

And more problems after that for projects that depend on Turbine.

Any idea why Turbine needs that definition?  Are the Cactus Ant tasks
available from somewhere else?  Is there a replacement?

Stefan

Notice: proposal/gump has become jakarta-gump

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.
For a period of time, I kept these symbolically linked.  This weekend, I
plan to break the link and then delete the proposal from alexandria's cvs.

Also, people who are working on gump may not follow the alexandria-dev
mailing list as closely as they once did (I know I don't).  Please
address all gump related messages to gump@jakarta.apache.org.

Thanks!

- Sam Ruby

Re: [GUMP] removal of jakarta-cactus-ant affects Turbine projects

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> wrote:

> I should probably have warned the Gump team.

8-)

> Unfortunately, I forgot to modify the Turbine project's gump xml.
> I'll submit a patch in a few minutes.

Both affected turbine descriptors live in Gump's own CVS (the gump
module), so you should be able to commit the fixes yourself.

Thanks for taking care of it

        Stefan

Re: [GUMP] removal of jakarta-cactus-ant affects Turbine projects

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Hi Stefan,

I should probably have warned the Gump team. Sorry for that. Here's the
story: I have performed some major build refactoring of the Cactus
project last week end (and committed that last Monday). I have tried to
fix the Catcus gump xml definition as best as possible but I haven't
tested it (I don't currently have a full Gump installed on my machine).

Unfortunately, I forgot to modify the Turbine project's gump xml.

I'll submit a patch in a few minutes.

I forsee a few days where the Gump Cactus build will fail. I'm
committing to fixing this as fast as possible.

Thanks
-Vincent