Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Juan Alvarado <ja...@manduca.com> on 2002/03/06 14:46:36 UTC

Issue with data sources in mySQL

Recently I tried setting up a data source in my struts config file to work
with mySQL. The version of tomcat I'm using is 3.2.2 and the mySQL drive I
is the type mm.mysql version 2.0.6 . What happens is that after going
through the whole set up, I start my tomcat and then try to connect to
http://localhost:8080 and my browser just hangs and hangs; it never
connects. When I comment out the data source definition in
struts-config.xml, tomcat starts just fine and I can connect to
http://localhost:8080. I AM using the latest release of mySQL (Downloaded it
just a couple days ago), and I have the jdbc optional extension that
contains the DataSource class.

If anybody has run into this issue and know the problem and the fix, I would
greatly appreciate if you could let me know what your solution was.

Best regards,

Juan Alvarado
Internet Developer -- Manduca Management
(786)552-0504
jalvarado@manduca.com
AOL Instant Messenger: juan2000@aol.com