Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2001/12/21 09:45:56 UTC

What to move into Scratchpad?

Hi,

we agreed that we make a 2.0.1 asap from the HEAD, so
besides changing the directory layout we should move
all experimental stuff into the scratchpad area.

Here is a list of all additional components, could you
please state which of them is not experimental anymore
and could be included in a next release and which
should be moved into scratchpad?

Please, don't let us discuss now, how we can maintain
such configuration files as the cocoon.xconf etc. We
can have a look at that after the move.

Carsten

Actions
- DatebaseSelectAction
- RequestParameterExistsAction
- ScriptAction
- ServerPagesAction

Caching
- DeltaTimeCacheValidity
- IncludeCacheValidity

Components
  jsp
    - JSPReader

  Logicsheets
  - action
  - sel
  - soap (with SOAPHelper)
  - xscript-lib
  - xscript

  Lucene Package

  Parser
    - PooledJaxpParser

  Profiler Package

  XPath Package

  XScript Package

Generation
  - MP3DirectoryGenerator

Selection
  - SessionStateSelector

Serialization
  - RTFSerializer

Sitemap
  - SitemapManager

Transformation
  - CachingCInlcudeTransformer
  - RoleFilterTransformer

Re: What to move into Scratchpad?

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 21.Dec.2001 -- 09:45 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we agreed that we make a 2.0.1 asap from the HEAD, so
> besides changing the directory layout we should move
> all experimental stuff into the scratchpad area.
>
> Here is a list of all additional components, could you
> please state which of them is not experimental anymore
> and could be included in a next release and which
> should be moved into scratchpad?
>
> Please, don't let us discuss now, how we can maintain
> such configuration files as the cocoon.xconf etc. We
> can have a look at that after the move.
>
> Carsten
>
> Actions
> - RequestParameterExistsAction

I believe it works as advertised. No incompatible changes planned.

> Selection
>   - SessionStateSelector

This is the deprecated version of the SessionAttributeSelector (I
renamed it and this is there for backwards compatibility) So it should
be included in the main trunk.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: What to move into Scratchpad?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> we agreed that we make a 2.0.1 asap from the HEAD, so
> besides changing the directory layout we should move
> all experimental stuff into the scratchpad area.
>
> Here is a list of all additional components, could you
> please state which of them is not experimental anymore
> and could be included in a next release and which
> should be moved into scratchpad?
>
> Please, don't let us discuss now, how we can maintain
> such configuration files as the cocoon.xconf etc. We
> can have a look at that after the move.
>
> Carsten
>
> Actions
> - DatebaseSelectAction
> - RequestParameterExistsAction
> - ScriptAction
> - ServerPagesAction
Some people are using it to do some business logic with advanced
logicsheets (i.e. esql) and direct pipeline construction from the
results obtained.

> Caching
> - DeltaTimeCacheValidity
> - IncludeCacheValidity
>
> Components
>   jsp
>     - JSPReader
+1 for adding it to the release, but moved to org.apache.cocoon.readers,
as stated in its package declaration.

>   Logicsheets
>   - action
Related to ServerPagesAction above.

>   - sel
>   - soap (with SOAPHelper)
>   - xscript-lib
>   - xscript
>
>   Lucene Package
>
>   Parser
>     - PooledJaxpParser
Copied into JaxpParser and deprecated, as said by the Grand Pooh-Bah ;)

>   Profiler Package
>
>   XPath Package
Compentization of xpath queries (made by Dims) to allow the use of
alternate XPath engines such as Jaxen. Components using XPath
(HTMLGenerator, XIncludeTransformer and XMLResourceBundle) now use this
component.
The default configuration uses Xalan's engine, just as in Cocoon 2.0.

>   XScript Package
>
> Generation
>   - MP3DirectoryGenerator
>
> Selection
>   - SessionStateSelector
>
> Serialization
>   - RTFSerializer
>
> Sitemap
>   - SitemapManager
Related to sitemap componentization : it is now stable (last bug with
role management was corrected 10 days ago).

--
Sylvain Wallez

RE: What to move into Scratchpad?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi Jason,

I just looked at your action and updated it a little bit regarding
recycling of Source objects and exception handling. Could you please
test if everything is working well?

Thanks,
Carsten

Posted by Jason Foster <ja...@uwaterloo.ca>.