Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" <bp...@sbc.com> on 2003/11/18 20:09:45 UTC

[users@httpd] RE: Directory not closed error :--Pl. help:

All -
Few days I had posted the same to pull up error log form remote server .
When I configured for local error file client did not agree. Since this is
form one of the security server form where directions are fetched.

Now my issue is when I edit httpd.conf with the following lines it says
directory not closed?????

Please direct me.

<Directory "/opt/hpws/apache/htdocs">
 AuthType Basic
   AuthName "RoboTask Password Required"
   AuthUserFile /opt/hpws/apache/passwd/passwords
   AuthGroupFile /opt/hpws/apache/conf/groups
   require group 272users
   ErrorDocument 401 "<html> \
        <head> \
        <title>Error logging in</title> \
        <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> \
                window.location="http://xxxxxxx.xxx.com:82/error.html"; \
        </script> \
        </head> \
        <h1> Sorry, no go!!!! \
        </h1> \
</Directory>

Thanks
Balanand Pinni

[users@httpd] Re: {SPAM 03.9} [users@httpd] RE: Directory not closed error :--Pl. help:

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI) wrote:

> All -
> Few days I had posted the same to pull up error log form remote server .
> When I configured for local error file client did not agree. Since this is
> form one of the security server form where directions are fetched.

I can't parse this last sentence at all.  It doesn't make sense
gramatically.

As I said, there is almost surely a better solution to whatever problem
you have but ...

> Now my issue is when I edit httpd.conf with the following lines it says
> directory not closed?????

> </Directory>

The back-slash indicates that the directive continues onto the next line.
So you've grabbed the </Directory> to be part of the ErrorDocument
directive.  Remove that last slash.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] RE: Directory not closed error :--Pl. help:

Posted by "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>.
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI) wrote:

> All -
> Few days I had posted the same to pull up error log form remote server .
> When I configured for local error file client did not agree. Since this is
> form one of the security server form where directions are fetched.
>
> Now my issue is when I edit httpd.conf with the following lines it says
> directory not closed?????
>
> Please direct me.

You probably have a <Directory></Directory> missmatch in an auxillary
configuration file (probablly an .htaccess file)

"Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services