Posted to dev@servicecomb.apache.org by Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <as...@apache.org> on 2018/07/13 11:54:38 UTC

[DISCUSS] Proposal for Re-Design of Service-Center Frontend

Hi All,

As we have continously put an effort to improve the Service-Center UI to
make it more usable and user friendly, going forwards I would like to
propose some major changes in the Design of frontend. Some of those changes
will include :

1. Update Dashboard to have a more better snapshot of what
entities/resources are present in the Service-Center env.
2. A place holder in Dashboard to contain the basic User Guide/FAQ for
ServiceComb.
3. Add a new page for showing the list of instances which are currently
running and registered in service-center.
4. Add a new page for showing the topology of Microservices, this page will
describe the relationship between the different microservices and some
metadata of the microservices.

Here is the Snapshot[1] of the changes we are planning to do.

Most of the features development have been completed and we are planning to
put this change in the 1.0.0 release of Service-Center.

Any thought on this?

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/wiki/Service-Center-UI-Re-design

Regards
Asif

Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal for Re-Design of Service-Center Frontend

Posted by wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com>.
maybe it's a subset of:
https://console.huaweicloud.com/servicestage/?region=cn-south-1&locale=en-us#/cse/tools

cse are planning to make console open source

Posted by Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <as...@apache.org>.
Yes all the development and testing is done, we can merge all the features
today and it can be a part of 1.0.0 release.

Regards
Asif

Posted by Zen Lin <ze...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
There is a vote of Service-Center 1.0.0,  please spend some time play with
it.
Now we just need to make sure the UI is work as we expected.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Bin Ma <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zen Lin <ze...@gmail.com>.
+1

Best Regards,
---

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com>.
ok

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Guyz,

Posted by Zen Lin <ze...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Sure,

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sure,

I think we should open for discussion, as current we need to setup the
roadmap for the ServiceCenter and Java Chassis after the 1.0.0 release.
We need to present our proposal of the Unified Console first and ask the
feed back just as Asif does.
Please don't just through the decision in the mailing list without any
discussion.

For my point of view, a handy tool could save the user lots of time when
they manage bunch of MicroServices.
Let's draw a big picture of what user need before we go into the detail.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Sure <su...@qq.com>.