Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Liang Chen <la...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/08 09:04:49 UTC

how to change stateChange used in Weblogic wsrp consumer

When I use wsrp4j as the producer and proxyprotlet as the consumer,
everything works fine,  user can submit form and click action url.

When I use weblogic as the consumer and wsrp4j as the producer, form
submit and action url do not work. I checked the wsrp4j code, it said
that the statechanage sent by weblogic consumer is 'readonly', not
'readwrite'.

I noticed that in wsrp4j code ConsumerEnvironmentImpl, the statechange
is hardcoded:
        // define portlet state change behaviour
        setPortletStateChange(StateChange.readWrite);

I am wondering whether weblogic has some settings about that? Has
anyone faced this kind of case?

I know my question is away from wsrp4j, thanks for you reply if you
have any ideas.

--
Liang Chen
in Shanghai, China

Re: how to change stateChange used in Weblogic wsrp consumer

Posted by Richard Jacob <ja...@apache.org>.
denis queffeulou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem, I'm using Weblogic 8.1SP4 as the consumer and
> I get the following error when I use ActionURL:
>
> Fault: {urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types}PortletStateChangeRequired
> No message found.
>
> Have you found a solution ?

seems that WebLogic consumers accesses a portlet with "readOnly" set as
the stateChange flag.
However the wsrp4j producer wants to change the state on a
performBlockingInteraction() and therefore throws this fault.
The BEA cosumer should either a) clone the portlet explicitly and
continue with the clone in "readWrite", b) access the portlet with
"cloneBeforeWrite" and expect an implicit clone, c) present an error
message to the end-user that the remote portlet's state can be changed
triggered by the end-user's request.
This is what the wsrp spec defines.
I assume the user is not logged in on the weblogic portal and they do
not allow state changes for remote portlets in this case.

cu
Richard

Re: how to change stateChange used in Weblogic wsrp consumer

Posted by denis queffeulou <de...@wokup.com>.
Hi,