Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Eric BIANCHI <er...@rodanotech.ch> on 2007/07/01 14:56:35 UTC

Cayenne in a Cluster environment ends up in NullPointerException

Hello cayenne users,

I'm using cayenne 2.0.3 along with Tapestry 4.1.2. On login, I create
a datacontext and put it in a property of a custom Tapestry Visit
Class. Everything works just fine.

Now I'm looking for deploying my application in a cluster
environment, and cayenne throws me a NullPointerException.

I've tried both Tomcat 6 cluster and Wadi along with Jetty 6.1, they
both give the same error messages

Basically, I work on the node A, when I switch to Node B, all my
DataObjects in Session have their PersistentState as HOLLOW. When I
access them, Cayenne tries to refetch my hollow objects and fails
with this message :

java.lang.NullPointerException
Stack Trace:
org.apache.cayenne.access.ObjectStore.resolveHollow(ObjectStore.java:
909)
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.prepareForAccess
(DataContext.java:1807)
org.apache.cayenne.CayenneDataObject.readProperty
(CayenneDataObject.java:202)
ch.rodano.role.model.cayenne._Person.getLogin(_Person.java:73)

If I test their status and try to refetch them myself, cayenne gives
me another NullPointerException with this StackTrace :
Stack Trace:
org.apache.cayenne.util.ObjectContextQueryAction.runQuery
(ObjectContextQueryAction.java:217)
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextQueryAction.execute
(DataContextQueryAction.java:54)
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.onQuery(DataContext.java:1387)
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQuery(DataContext.java:
1376)
org.apache.cayenne.DataObjectUtils.objectForQuery
(DataObjectUtils.java:254)
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.refetchObject(DataContext.java:
1040)

DataContext is not null.

The weird thing is : Some objects, sometimes, are correctly
refetched, I can see that in the SQL but it always ends up in a
NullPointerException.

Anyone here is experienced with Clustering cayenne ?

Thanks and regards,

Eric

--
Eric BIANCHI