Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Frank Luo <jl...@merkleinc.com> on 2016/01/12 23:36:44 UTC

Kerberos authentication using username/pswd

Everywhere I searched, there are plenty samples of using keytab file for Kerberos authentication, but haven’t yet find anything samples to do so using username/pswd. I thought it was impossible until “Toad For Hadoop” started doing that.

So doesn’t anyone know how it is implemented? In particular, I’d like to run a java program in Windows, authenticate against Kerberos using username/pswd, and interact with Hadoop.

The how-to for Toad For Hadoop can be found here. BTW, it is a pretty neat tool for interacting with Hadoop world.

http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-hadoop/b/weblog/archive/2015/08/10/connecting-to-your-kerberized-hadoop-environment-with-toad-for-hadoop

[”MerkleONE”]<http://www2.merkleinc.com/janfooter>

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended for use by the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this email without the author’s prior permission. We take precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to perform your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be confidential and may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.