Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ivan Tretyakov <it...@griddynamics.com> on 2014/01/31 17:26:02 UTC

Backup NameNode metadata in HA configuration

Hi!

We are using following version of Hadoop software: 2.0.0-cdh4.1.1.

HDFS HA configuration is applied.

I would like to ask if there are any difference or possible side effects of
backing up namenode data directory.

It is ok to just copy NN data directory from active NN to another host,
what about standby NN?
Or it may NN metadate can be in inconsistent state?
Is there any advantages of using "hdfs dfsadmin -fetch <file>" command?

--
Best Regards
Ivan Tretyakov

Deployment Engineer
Grid Dynamics
+7 812 640 38 76
Skype: ivan.v.tretyakov
www.griddynamics.com
itretyakov@griddynamics.com

Re: Backup NameNode metadata in HA configuration

Posted by Ivan Tretyakov <it...@griddynamics.com>.
Great! That is what I need to know. I was expecting that fsimage can be in
inconsistent state while applying changes and it can be wrong to just copy
it in such moments.

Posted by Ivan Tretyakov <it...@griddynamics.com>.

Posted by Ivan Tretyakov <it...@griddynamics.com>.

Posted by Ivan Tretyakov <it...@griddynamics.com>.