Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Partycki Piotr <Pi...@AmplicoLife.pl> on 2001/11/12 11:07:26 UTC

LoggingService (InstantiationException)

Hi,
I am trying to modify forumdemo example to store data
in database. I tried using Turbine to get data from db,
generated all needed classes (peers etc), but get
exception: "ServiceBroker: unknown service LoggingService
requested", and turbine.log is not created. What is
the problem? Could I mix Velocity and Turbine?

TIA

PS. My TurbineResources.properties file is taken from newapp
example from turbine (so I guess services.LoggingService
are configured properly)

Re: LoggingService (InstantiationException)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@yahoo.com>.
On 11/12/01 5:07 AM, "Partycki Piotr" <Pi...@AmplicoLife.pl> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to modify forumdemo example to store data
> in database. I tried using Turbine to get data from db,
> generated all needed classes (peers etc), but get
> exception: "ServiceBroker: unknown service LoggingService
> requested", and turbine.log is not created. What is
> the problem? Could I mix Velocity and Turbine?
>
> TIA
>
> PS. My TurbineResources.properties file is taken from newapp
> example from turbine (so I guess services.LoggingService
> are configured properly)

Yes, Velocity and Turbine work great together.

I think, though, that this is more of a Turbine question, and you may have
better luck getting  a good answer if you post this to the turbine list.

Geir

System and Software Consulting