Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> on 2008/07/07 13:50:43 UTC

Re: Unknown protocol: bundle

Continuing the discussion from users@felix.apache.org:
http://markmail.org/message/c7ktqlx3erualv2p

2008/7/7 Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>:
> We turn of the urlhandlers by default in Sling - you can enable them
> in the sling.properties file.

OK, is that safe? I guess there's a reason for disabling URL handlers
in Sling, so are there any side effects by enabling them?

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Akersgata 16, N-0158 Oslo, Norway

Re: Unknown protocol: bundle

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Vidar Ramdal wrote:
> Continuing the discussion from users@felix.apache.org:
> http://markmail.org/message/c7ktqlx3erualv2p

>> Karl Pauls wrote:
>>> Yes there is (however there are a few corner cases I'm working on atm
>>> where it isn't). URLHandlers should be enabled by default - could you
>>> post your conf/config.properties and describe your setting a bit more?
>>> Alternatively, make sure that felix.service.urlhandlers is not set to
>>> false in your config.
>
> 2008/7/7 Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>:
>> We turn of the urlhandlers by default in Sling - you can enable them
>> in the sling.properties file.
>
> OK, is that safe? I guess there's a reason for disabling URL handlers
> in Sling, so are there any side effects by enabling them?

The reason for disabling was https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-38
which is fixed in the 1.0.4 release of the felix framework. So I guess
this is safe now. I'll change the default of this property and we'll see
if this creates problems.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler