Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2006/08/01 12:49:32 UTC

Contributing WSDL 2.0 test cases to W3C test suite

Key feedback from the recent WSDL 2.0 Interop event is that more WSDL 2.0
test cases are needed to expand the coverage of the W3C test suite, so that
the spec can move to Proposed Recommendation and Woden can move to a v0.9
or v1.0 release.  We (Woden) really need to help with this as there's not
much contribution to the test suite from the WSDL 2.0 working group.
Lawrence has already contributed a lot of test cases.

There are now report pages on the WSDL 2.0 Working Group's site (
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/) that indicate test case coverage for WSDL
elements/attributes and for WSDL assertions. See the 'Test Coverage Report'
and 'Test Assertion Report' links in the Test Suite section. From these we
can work out what types of test cases are required. Creating test case WSDL
documents is generally a case of copying an existing WSDL from the test
suite and modifying it. There's a fairly lightweight process for
contributing test cases as patches to the ws-desc mailing list which we can
document on the Woden wiki, if it's not already documented by the WSDL
working group.

Perhaps we can discuss this further under A.O.B. on today's Woden call.

regards,
John Kaputin

Re: Contributing WSDL 2.0 test cases to W3C test suite

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ar...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

I've been using the Ant task to run Woden against the W3C test suite. I just
check out the W3C test suite from CVS and run Woden against that directory.
The Ant task dumps the component model as an XML file that is used for
comparision with a baseline. The Ant task also has an option to write a
report that gives the assertions violated. I need to write an XSLT that
compares the report against the W3C test metadata files.

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Jeremy,