Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Balažic <da...@comtrade.com> on 2016/05/19 16:13:48 UTC

[users@httpd] RequestHeader can not match single space char?

Hi!

I have apache 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.9  (on Ubuntu 14.04.4 64bit) and while this works:
RequestHeader edit Some-Header " M" "X"

This does not:
RequestHeader edit Some-Header " " "X"

Am I missing something obvious?

The first one matches a pair of space and capital M and replaces them with X.
The later does not seem to do anything (to the same test data).
I also tried using "\s", but it also does not seem to work.

Help!

David Balažic
Software Engineer

[users@httpd] RE: RequestHeader can not match single space char?

Posted by David Balažic <da...@comtrade.com>.
David Balažic wrote:
> I have apache 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.9  (on Ubuntu 14.04.4 64bit) and while this
> works:
> RequestHeader edit Some-Header " M" "X"
>
> This does not:
> RequestHeader edit Some-Header " " "X"
>
> Am I missing something obvious?
>
> The first one matches a pair of space and capital M and replaces them with X.
> The later does not seem to do anything (to the same test data).
> I also tried using "\s", but it also does not seem to work.

Pilot error!

edit replaces one occurence of the string, while edit* replaces all of them.
I had a long string with many spaces and missed that the first space was replaced and only noticed the others still being not replaced.

Over-and-out,
David