Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Carlos <ca...@cvc.edu> on 2002/02/05 01:20:41 UTC

Problems with 0.20.3rc

I'm trying to convert a document to PDF, having successfully done it before
and now get the following error:

[localhost:~/docbook] carlosar% /usr/local/fop/fop.sh  webct-boot-camp.xml
boot.fo
[INFO]: FOP 0.20.3rc
[INFO]: building formatting object tree
[ERROR]: Unknown formatting object ^article
[ERROR]: Root element must be root, not (none):article
[localhost:~/docbook] carlosar%

Any help is appreciated
Carlos
--
Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

We cannot put off living until we are ready. The most salient
characteristic of life is its  coerciveness: it is always urgent,  'here and
now' without any possible postponement. Life is  fired at us point blank.
Jose Ortega Y Gasset

Re: Problems with 0.20.3rc

Posted by Magnus Sjöberg <ma...@secode.com>.
I would say the error is in your stylesheet, not creating a
proper fo-tree with an fo:root element at the top.

///Magnus

--

Secode - Total Internet Security
Magnus Sjöberg

email: magnus.sjoberg@secode.com
cell: +46 709 150 710
POTS: +46 8 564 875 05
http://www.secode.com

Internet is to be a safe area for business, transactions and
information exchange

Re: Problems with 0.20.3rc

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Carlos wrote:

> I'm trying to convert a document to PDF, having successfully done it before
> and now get the following error:
>
> [localhost:~/docbook] carlosar% /usr/local/fop/fop.sh  webct-boot-camp.xml
> boot.fo

Wrong commandline. You probably want

/usr/local/fop/fop.sh  boot.fo boot.pdf

or

/usr/local/fop/fop.sh -xsl boot.xsl -xml webct-boot-camp.xml -pdf boot.pdf

Christian

FOP in server

Posted by Pedro Barco Bernal <pb...@ceh.junta-andalucia.es>.
¿Someone have used FOP in server?

We are calling FOP from Java Server Pages and the server send a ERROR
message like this:

exception sax : org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The root element is required
in a well-formed document.
error The root element is required in a well-formed document.
ERROR: The root element is required in a well-formed document.

But when we call FOP from local there aren`t any problem!!! The document is
well-formed sure!!

Please help!!!