Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Eric-AWL <er...@atosorigin.com> on 2010/02/22 11:40:20 UTC

Too much "subscription MBeans" => OOM.

Hi !

My components are in a full network of brokers situation. On some of them, I
have an "OutOfMemory" Error. When I look into the JMAP dump, I see that a
lot of "MBeanServerNotification" objects are created (more than 50MB of JMX
ActiveMQ objects !). A lot of them are "Subscription" MBeans.

Can someone explain me what is exactly a "subscription MBean". Is it
associated to a session, to a consumer, to a client part of an exchange ???

Thank you in advance.
Eric-AWL

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
might be worth trying with latest 5.3.1 snapshot - with networks,
there was a problem where subscriptions weren't being cleaned up
properly

On 22 Feb 2010, at 17:56, Eric-AWL wrote:

> No. I don't understand.
>
> I'm not sure of the current configuration, but it's strange
>
> 2 groups of developers. One network of broker where each component
> has a
> transport and a network connector with the same multicast group
>
> On components developed by the first group of developers :
> 2341 ObjectNames (I think it's OK when I count my consumers, queues,
> topics,
> advisory queues ...)
> 146 MBeanServerNotifications
>
> On components developed by the second group of developers :
> 72049 Object Names.
> 127956 MBeanServerNotification
> I think the most of ObjectNames are the subscription MBeans.
>
> Eric-AWL

Rob Davies
http://twitter.com/rajdavies
I work here: http://fusesource.com
My Blog: http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/

Re: Too much "subscription MBeans" => OOM.

Posted by Eric-AWL <er...@atosorigin.com>.
Hi Rob

Thank you very much.

We work with a 5.2 version.
I have to verify that it isn't our own development that create far too much
MessageConsumers.

Eric-AWL

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.