Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by fliot <fr...@liot.org> on 2014/02/10 17:01:15 UTC

jdbcPersistenceAdapter limits ?

Hi,

I'm using simple configuration :
  <bean class="com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource"
name="storeDataSource" destroy-method="close">
    <property name="jdbcUrl"
value="${broker.store.jdbc.url}?autoReconnect=true" />
    <property name="user" value="${broker.store.jdbc.user}" />
    <property name="driverClass"
    value="${broker.store.jdbc.driverClass}" />
    <property name="password"
    value="${broker.store.jdbc.password}" />
    <property name="minPoolSize" value="${c3p0.min_size}" />
    <property name="maxPoolSize" value="${c3p0.max_size}" />
    <property name="initialPoolSize"
    value="${c3p0.initial.pool.size}" />
    <property name="idleConnectionTestPeriod"
    value="${c3p0.idle_test_period}" />
  </bean>

  <broker brokerName="web-console" useJmx="true"
xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" persistent="true"
deleteAllMessagesOnStartup="false" schedulerSupport="false">
    <persistenceAdapter>
      <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#storeDataSource" />
    </persistenceAdapter>
  </broker>

It globally perfectly worked, until today,
But now, I'm getting slowed - nearly down actually....
And getting these kind of messages all the time :

2014-02-10 15:19:08,906 [0.1:59777@61616] INFO  Queue
- Usage Manager Memory Limit (1073741824) reached on
queue://myqueue-contracts-insert. Producers will be throttled to the rate at
which messages are removed from this destination to prevent flooding it. See
http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html for more info.
2014-02-10 15:19:11,207 [0.1:59786@61616] INFO  Queue
- Usage Manager Memory Limit (1073741824) reached on
queue://errors-api-in-contracts. Producers will be throttled to the rate at
which messages are removed from this destination to prevent flooding it. See
http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html for more info.

I checked http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html , but all
explanation there would be in case I was working with persistent=false. I do
not understand what could explain my issue, since with the persistence
adapter I'm using, I was thinking be limitless...

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance,

Francois

Re: jdbcPersistenceAdapter limits ?

Posted by fliot <fr...@liot.org>.
Answer to myself,
I "corrected" the situation with :
<systemUsage>
    <systemUsage>
        <memoryUsage>
            <memoryUsage limit="0"/>
        </memoryUsage>
        <storeUsage>
            <storeUsage limit="0"/>
        </storeUsage>
        <tempUsage>
            <tempUsage limit="0"/>
        </tempUsage>
    </systemUsage>
</systemUsage>

I have some doubts about my interpretation of these settings, how do they
apply in jdpcPersistenceAdapter usage ?

Thanks in advance for any further inputs.

Regards.