Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/09 06:24:43 UTC

[DISCUSS] Towards Calcite 1.24.0

Hi all,

Approximately one and a half months have passed from the previous release
(Calcite
1.23.0) and I was thinking that it would be nice to have the next release
around the 20
of July, considering there are already ~70 commits and some commits of
pull#2024[1]
to be merged after 1.24 is large and easy to be broken. To do this I think
we should try
to have an RC around the 14 of July.

The progress towards the next release can be seen in [2]. As you can see,
we have 10
issues marked for fixing in 1.24.0. I suggest we focus on solving these
issues in the
following days. Apart from these issues, if you really think other issues
should be fixed
in 1.24.0, please comment in this thread and set the fix version to 1.24.0.

Don't hesitate to reply to this thread if the plan above is not convenient
for you!

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/2024
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=12333950

Best,
Chunwei

Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Calcite 1.24.0

Posted by Rui Wang <am...@apache.org>.
Thanks Chunwei,

I am actively working on getting CALCITE-4000 and CALCITE-4015 reviewed and
merged by next week.

Question: are you planning to follow the practice of the last release (i.e.
lock master branch and clean up JIRA with fix version 1.24.0 marked before
re-open master branch?)

-Rui

Posted by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi, all.

Now I am preparing RC0.

Best,
Chunwei

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Chunwei,

Posted by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zoltan Haindrich <ki...@rxd.hu>.
Hey Chunwei!

Posted by Rui Wang <am...@apache.org>.
Regarding CALCITE-4000, the PR should be ready to merge now. Thanks for all
the help from Feng, Danny and Chuwei!

-Rui

Posted by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com>.