Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by "sunfl@certusnet.com.cn" <su...@certusnet.com.cn> on 2014/09/04 10:34:08 UTC

Any possibility to drop SYSTEM.TRACING_STATS table?

I know that disable tracing would require to remove phoenix metrics2 configuration
and bouncing the region servers. But if I want to recreate the SYSTEM.TRACING_STATS table,
what should I do? Noting that disable table from hbase shell would led phoniex table metadata
into a bad state. Any suggesions?
Thanks and Best Regards,
Sun.

CertusNet

Re: Any possibility to drop SYSTEM.TRACING_STATS table?

Posted by Jesse Yates <je...@gmail.com>.
You can specify your own table via the HBase configuration key
"phoenix.trace.statsTableName" everywhere the sink is used (client and
server). Then the stats table should switch over to using your table and
you can drop at will.

Currently, there is no way to drop the stats table through phoenix as its a
system table (though you could edit the metadata yourself in HBase and
remove those rows).

I just added PHOENIX-1240
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1240> to help with not
having too much data in the tracing table by setting a TTL, which I think
is what you really have a concern with?

Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com