Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com> on 2009/02/25 16:12:42 UTC

XWork test failures

Now that we are depending on the xwork snapshot, I went ahead and
setup an XWork build in Hudson, just like the struts2 builds.

The test failures are showing up there, but I can't reproduce them...
Well, I can, they fail when you run the build with Maven, but if you
run the tests individually, like in Eclipse, they pass. The test
failures are here -

http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/xwork2/2/#showFailuresLink

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I overloaded a constructor and used it in Convention.

I don't think it's the change that killed it, just the fact that the
XWork snapshot isn't in Bamboo's repo because it's build is failing.

-Wes

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Rene Gielen <gi...@it-neering.net>.
Same here. Is the failing Hudson snapshot build also the reason why the
S2.1 Bamboo build is still failing? Bamboo build isn't able to get the
XWork update with Musachy's latest XW commit, needed for S2 build.

Am Mi, 25.02.2009, 16:34, schrieb Musachy Barroso:
> The overflow test might be related to a bug Lucasz fixed about double
> conversion on negative numbers. The others pass in IntelliJ and fail
> with maven, so yeah something is up.
>
> musachy
>
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com> wrote:
>> Now that we are depending on the xwork snapshot, I went ahead and
>> setup an XWork build in Hudson, just like the struts2 builds.
>>
>> The test failures are showing up there, but I can't reproduce them...
>> Well, I can, they fail when you run the build with Maven, but if you
>> run the tests individually, like in Eclipse, they pass. The test
>> failures are here -
>>
>> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/xwork2/2/#showFailuresLink
>>
>> -Wes
>>
>> --
>> Wes Wannemacher
>> Author - Struts 2 In Practice
>> Includes coverage of Struts 2.1, Spring, JPA, JQuery, Sitemesh and more
>> http://www.manning.com/wannemacher

René Gielen
IT-Neering.net
Saarstrasse 100, 52062 Aachen, Germany
Tel: +49-(0)241-4010770
Fax: +49-(0)241-4010771
Cel: +49-(0)177-3194448

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
It is working for me after your last change. Thanks :)

musachy

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2009/3/13 Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>:
> Me forgetting something? pfft, what are we talking about again?

:D:D:D:D

Regards
--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
I committed pom.xml with excluded URUtilTest, that solved all the
problems and also updated Surefire plugin to version 2.4.2

Regards
--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2009/3/13 Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>:
> On Thursday 12 March 2009 19:35:37 Musachy Barroso wrote:
>> Yeah, I have to find a better way to test those dumb URLs with weird
>> protocols. Is there a problem running with "pertest"?

> I don't see a problem with it, so long as we know why we're doing it. The key
> seems to be in the javadocs for URL, it states -

I've been thinking about setting forkMode to "pertest" and it can hide
some errors (like this with URLUtilTest). If someone will do the same
but with normal class (not with test), it will be discovered during
application runtime (at least), not during tests. The best option, I
suppose, is to set two kind of tests - which need forkMode to be set
"pertest" and which don't. I don't know if it's possible to do with
surefire plugin.

Regards
--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
On Thursday 12 March 2009 19:35:37 Musachy Barroso wrote:
> Yeah, I have to find a better way to test those dumb URLs with weird
> protocols. Is there a problem running with "pertest"?
>
> musachy

I don't see a problem with it, so long as we know why we're doing it. The key
seems to be in the javadocs for URL, it states -

"This method can be called at most once in a given Java Virtual Machine. "

Which pretty much means that since the inner class in URLTest that acts as a
factory returns null, like Lukasz said, anything afterwards is not going to
get a stream handler.

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I have to find a better way to test those dumb URLs with weird
protocols. Is there a problem running with "pertest"?

musachy

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
On Friday 27 February 2009 02:37:39 Lukasz Lenart wrote:

> ehhh... sorry but I don't understand, I have already account in JIRA
> or you are talking about something else? Another thing, I sent my CLA
> months ago to apache.org and didn't get any answer, what can I do
> else?

Sorry Lukasz, I thought you were a committer... Are you a committer on any
other apache projects, I think you have to be to gain access to Hudson. It
includes both a login for hudson and an ssh account on the host (well the
zone) that runs hudson.

If your goal is to become a committer, keep the patches coming, we appreciate
it!

-Wes

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2009/2/27 Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>:
>> Jared means xwork config files in JAR files ;-) I changed the name to
>> be more readable.
>
> I was just messing around... You know, being a spelling nazi, I assumed you
> meant jarred files.  :)

I understand and that's good, thanks for your point ;-)

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
On Thursday 26 February 2009 17:27:09 Lukasz Lenart wrote:
> 2009/2/26 Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>:
> > testJaredFiles is still failing... (Who is Jared? Maybe we should ask
> > him what is up with his files... j/k). It's the only test still
> > failing on Hudson.
>
> Jared means xwork config files in JAR files ;-) I changed the name to
> be more readable.

I was just messing around... You know, being a spelling nazi, I assumed you
meant jarred files.  :)

> I think I solved the problem, some helpful explanation is here [1], I
> updated Xwork pom, is there a way to start Xwork build by hand on
> Hudson?

I tried to put all the important info up on the wiki -
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/apache-struts-pseudo-nightly-builds-on-
apache-hudson.html

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
When I updated my local copy, such tests below are failing, before
that, there wasn't any problem

testGetSnippetNoPadding(com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.location.LocationImplTest)
testGetSnippet(com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.location.LocationImplTest)
testParserWithBadXML(com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.DefaultValidatorFileParserTest)
testParserWithBadXML2(com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.DefaultValidatorFileParserTest)
testValidatorDefinitionsWithBadClassName(com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.DefaultValidatorFileParserTest)
testParserWithBadValidation(com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.DefaultValidatorFileParserTest)

Regards
--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
I am getting new errors(only fail from cmd line), not sure what is going on:

Fwd: XWork test failures

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2009/2/27 Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>:
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Struts/job/xwork2/5/
>
> There are some new tests failing :(
>
> It appears related, I'll check into it, if I don't fall asleep first.

They base on additional jar files added to classpath with Surefire and
it looks like that those files disappear [1] from classpath on hudson
;-(
I'll dig into later in the train

[1] http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/xwork2/com.opensymphony$xwork/5/testReport/com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers/XmlConfigurationProviderTest/testConfigsInJarFiles/

Regards
--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
testJaredFiles  could be related to the FileManager changes, that line:

FileManager.setReloadingConfigs(true);

is suspicious. It works for me on Windows XP (/cry).

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
It has something to do with forking in the surefire plugin, running
the tests without forking works(for me at least):

mvn test -DforkMode=none

musachy

Re: XWork test failures

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.