Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nick Torenvliet <to...@sympatico.ca> on 2001/09/25 05:47:27 UTC

what port should I use for mod_webapp

I managed to get Apache and Tomcat going tonight whew!!!

To get it working I had to define

Servername 192.168.2.4
Port 8008

I'm wondering what port I should use for Port?  I am running
warp on 8008, and tomcat stand alone on 8080, I think apache
http is on 80.  What do you suggest?

Nick

Re: what port should I use for mod_webapp

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
I just did this config yesterday and ran into the same problem.  The Port
directive in httpd.conf should be 80 for the default web port unless you're
running Apache on another port.  Check the Apache docs for more info on it.
Mod_webapp seems to require it explicitly defined as opposed to taking the
default 80 when not defined.  I'm not sure why, but then again, mod_webapp is
still very new and is bound to be a little rough around the edges.

That's my experience.  --David Smith