Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by dsh <da...@googlemail.com> on 2011/12/27 19:54:48 UTC

[IDEA] Link each example to a Quora board

Hi,

recently I thought about how to "socialize" openejb.org. Right now we
have groups or pages on facebook and linkedin but they aren't really
bidirectional interlinked with openejb.org. Would it make sense to
have an openejb board on Quora and a thread per example? Each thread
would allow people to post questions specific to an example. The
example on openejb.org could then have a Quora button that would link
to the example's Quora thread.

Does that scenario make sense? Would it vitalize the openejb community
or rather fragment it? Could this be complementary to the user mailing
list?

Cheers
Daniel

Re: [IDEA] Link each example to a Quora board

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din <
nour.mohammad@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 3:51 AM, dsh <da...@googlemail.com>wrote:
>
>> In the quora search it says to me TomEE is a topic. So if it says so
>> it's a topic and not a profile, right?
>>

> If you say so, you are the Quora guy :P

Well, you are right, it is a topic on Quora.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: [IDEA] Link each example to a Quora board

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: [IDEA] Link each example to a Quora board

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.
Heh there's a Quora topic on this question :)

http://www.quora.com/How-is-Quora-different-from-StackOverflow-1

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.
Placed my (up)votes.

Cheers
Daniel

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
Vishwa, you're so awesome! :)

For those not on Quora yet, he's in there seeding some questions/answers on the Apache TomEE topic.  We get a huge chunk of our traffic from StackOverflow and I imagine it'll be the same with Quora eventually.

Pretty awesome to have some good content on there.

-David

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.