Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Mihai Vasilache <mi...@esolutions.ro> on 2011/09/21 18:49:37 UTC

Dynamic input/output policy configuration at runtime.

Hello!

We want to develop a STS server based on Metro but completely
configurable at runtime.
We found some plug-in points for some configurations
(xwssCallbackHandler, STSConfigurationProvider, validators etc.).

The project is open source if others needs to inspire for Metro
runtime-configurations:
https://evolvis.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=osiam/osiam.git;a=tree;f=authn/soa-sts;hb=HEAD

Beside what we discovered so far, we also need to configure
<sp:EncryptedParts> and <sp:SignedParts> for the input and output
binding operations that are normally defined in the wsdl file in the
input/output operation's policies.

We can modify the WSDL during the MEX response using SOAPHandlers,
causing the client to behave accordingly with our runtime configuration,
but we didn't found how to reconfigure the server (what he must expect
from the client and how to respond).

I've seen that at server startup, Metro is parsing the WSDL file and is
creating a PolicyMap that contains Encrypted/Signed parts. But I didn't
found a way to modify that map at runtime.

While debugging and searching trough metro code I also found a
com.sun.xml.wss.ProcessingContext and a DynamicPolicyCallback but i
don't know how to use them.

There is somebody that knows how can we provide this dynamic behavior at
runtime?

Thank you,
Mihai

Re: Dynamic input/output policy configuration at runtime.

Posted by Mihai Vasilache <mi...@esolutions.ro>.
Sorry, wrong address. I intended to sent it to users@metro.java.net
But if anybody knows how can i configure the Metro framework, any help
will be appreciated :)

Mihai