Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Sepand M <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/25 23:04:01 UTC

Patch submission process and turn around time

Hi,

I'm almost done coding for the SSL transport support project (refer to
the "Creating a secure connection system and using JMSXUserID support"
thread).

I was just wondering how I would submit the patch for approval, how
long approval would take, when the code might make it into a release,
etc.

I ask this because my company needs to use this code fairly soon and I
need to figure out if we should wait for your release (if you accept
my code) or try to get my stuff in independant of activemq.

Regards,
Sepand

Re: Patch submission process and turn around time

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/25/06, Sepand M <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm almost done coding for the SSL transport support project (refer to
> the "Creating a secure connection system and using JMSXUserID support"
> thread).

Great

> I was just wondering how I would submit the patch for approval, how
> long approval would take, when the code might make it into a release,
> etc.

Here's details
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/contributing.html

> I ask this because my company needs to use this code fairly soon and I
> need to figure out if we should wait for your release (if you accept
> my code) or try to get my stuff in independant of activemq.

We can't give any particular dates for releases - you might want to
use a local build until the release goes out
--

James
-------