Posted to dev@celix.apache.org by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com> on 2013/10/03 13:52:24 UTC

Unit tests

Hi all,

Yesterday I have committed a large set of unit tests. These tests use an
updated version of CppUTest which can be found on [1].

To make the tests working you need to build CppUTest using the fork on [1].
By default the tests are disabled in the CMake configuration, to enable
them mark BUILD_FRAMEWORK_TESTS and BUILD_UTILS_TESTS in the configuration,
and point the CppUTest properties to the correct locations.

Everything should work, but I have only tested it on Mac OSX, not Linux
etc. So if someone can try this, please provide some feedback.

[1]: https://github.com/abroekhuis/cpputest

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

Re: Unit tests

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2013/10/3 Björn Petri <bj...@sundevil.de>

> Hello Alexander,
>
> I tried to use the original CppUTest - but that did not work out of the
> box,

Correct you MUST use my fork.

> could you maybe shortly explain the reason for or respectively the
> difference of the fork?

CppUTest doesn't handle output parameters, and Celix uses them all over the
place. My fork adds support for it.
Though there are some specific cases which are still problematic, thats
about it.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

Re: Unit tests

Posted by Björn Petri <bj...@sundevil.de>.
Hello Alexander,

I tried to use the original CppUTest - but that did not work out of the
box,
could you maybe shortly explain the reason for or respectively the
difference of the fork?

Regards,
   Björn