Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Lei Guo <le...@huawei.com> on 2015/06/05 17:16:40 UTC

Secured Zookeeper

We are trying to use Slider to manage HBase in an environment with secured zookeeper (Kerberos). Seems there are some issues around both AM and agent. For example, the kazoo library embedded does not support Kerberos credential.

Just want to confirm that secured Zookeeper is not supported yet.

Have a nice day,
Lei

Re: Secured Zookeeper

Posted by Yohan Bismuth <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
we're currently running hbase with a secure zookeeper without any issue, so
i guess it's supported

Re: Secured Zookeeper

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.
> On Jun 5, 2015, at 4:12 PM, Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>
>> ooh, now ZK has interesting and complicated security. I spent more time
>> writing the kerberos ZK tests for the yarn registry than most of the
>> registry code itself, from which I came out with
>> -a fear of kerberos
>>

> Kerberophobia?

common and prevalent...

Re: Secured Zookeeper

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
> On 5 Jun 2015, at 21:12, Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>
>> ooh, now ZK has interesting and complicated security. I spent more time
>> writing the kerberos ZK tests for the yarn registry than most of the
>> registry code itself, from which I came out with
>> -a fear of kerberos
>>

> Kerberophobia?

"phobia" implies some unnatural fear. I prefer "experience"

Re: Secured Zookeeper

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> ooh, now ZK has interesting and complicated security. I spent more time
> writing the kerberos ZK tests for the yarn registry than most of the
> registry code itself, from which I came out with
> -a fear of kerberos

Kerberophobia?

Re: Secured Zookeeper

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.