Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Steven Jacobs <sj...@ucr.edu> on 2017/09/28 21:26:22 UTC

Strange error trying to run Asterix master

Hi all,
I've been stuck for some time now trying to get master Asterix to debug
correctly for me in Eclipse on my machine. It seems to deal with the class
generation being done by maven, but that's as far as I can see so far. No
one I've talked to has a similar issue, so I was wondering if anyone from
the community at large has had such an issue. It manifests itself when
tying to create the evaluator for a function. The stack trace is attached
below. If anyone has seen such an issue, I would love to get any advice you
may have.

java.lang.VerifyError: Bad return type

Exception Details:

  Location:

org/apache/asterix/runtime/evaluators/functions/records/RecordMergeDescriptor$_EvaluatorFactoryGen.access$0(Lorg/apache/asterix/runtime/evaluators/functions/records/RecordMergeDescriptor$_EvaluatorFactoryGen;)Lorg/apache/asterix/runtime/evaluators/functions/records/RecordMergeDescriptor;
@4: areturn

  Reason:

    Type
'org/apache/asterix/runtime/evaluators/functions/records/RecordMergeDescriptor$_Gen'
(current frame, stack[0]) is not assignable to
'org/apache/asterix/runtime/evaluators/functions/records/RecordMergeDescriptor'
(from method signature)

  Current Frame:

    bci: @4

    flags: { }

    locals: {
'org/apache/asterix/runtime/evaluators/functions/records/RecordMergeDescriptor$_EvaluatorFactoryGen'
}

    stack: {
'org/apache/asterix/runtime/evaluators/functions/records/RecordMergeDescriptor$_Gen'
}

  Bytecode:

    0x0000000: 2ab4 0063 b0

at
org.apache.asterix.runtime.evaluators.functions.records.RecordMergeDescriptor$_Gen.createEvaluatorFactory(
RecordMergeDescriptor.java:86)

at
org.apache.asterix.jobgen.QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.createScalarFunctionEvaluatorFactory(
QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.java:144)

at
org.apache.asterix.jobgen.QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.createEvaluatorFactory(
QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.java:109)

at org.apache.asterix.jobgen.QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.codegenArguments(
QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.java:161)

at
org.apache.asterix.jobgen.QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.createScalarFunctionEvaluatorFactory(
QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.java:134)

at
org.apache.asterix.jobgen.QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.createEvaluatorFactory(
QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.java:109)

at
org.apache.hyracks.algebricks.core.algebra.expressions.ExpressionRuntimeProvider.createEvaluatorFactory(
ExpressionRuntimeProvider.java:41)

at
org.apache.hyracks.algebricks.core.algebra.operators.physical.AssignPOperator.contributeRuntimeOperator(
AssignPOperator.java:84)

at
org.apache.hyracks.algebricks.core.algebra.operators.logical.AbstractLogicalOperator.contributeRuntimeOperator(
AbstractLogicalOperator.java:166)

at org.apache.hyracks.algebricks.core.jobgen.impl.PlanCompiler.compileOpRef(
PlanCompiler.java:97)

at org.apache.hyracks.algebricks.core.jobgen.impl.PlanCompiler.compileOpRef(
PlanCompiler.java:84)

[...]

at org.apache.hyracks.algebricks.core.jobgen.impl.PlanCompiler.compilePlan(
PlanCompiler.java:60)

at
org.apache.hyracks.algebricks.compiler.api.HeuristicCompilerFactoryBuilder$1$1.createJob(
HeuristicCompilerFactoryBuilder.java:107)

at org.apache.asterix.api.common.APIFramework.compileQuery(
APIFramework.java:333)

at
org.apache.asterix.app.translator.QueryTranslator.rewriteCompileInsertUpsert(
QueryTranslator.java:1864)

at org.apache.asterix.app.translator.QueryTranslator.lambda$0(
QueryTranslator.java:1752)

at
org.apache.asterix.app.translator.QueryTranslator.handleInsertUpsertStatement(
QueryTranslator.java:1778)

at org.apache.asterix.app.translator.QueryTranslator.compileAndExecute(
QueryTranslator.java:336)

at org.apache.asterix.api.http.server.ApiServlet.post(ApiServlet.java:162)

at org.apache.hyracks.http.server.AbstractServlet.handle(
AbstractServlet.java:78)

at org.apache.hyracks.http.server.HttpRequestHandler.handle(
HttpRequestHandler.java:70)

at org.apache.hyracks.http.server.HttpRequestHandler.call(
HttpRequestHandler.java:55)

at org.apache.hyracks.http.server.HttpRequestHandler.call(
HttpRequestHandler.java:36)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Re: Strange error trying to run Asterix master

Posted by Steven Jacobs <sj...@ucr.edu>.
That solution hasn’t worked for me. Glad you got it to work though.
Steven

Posted by Taewoo Kim <wa...@gmail.com>.
What I did was:

Posted by Steven Jacobs <sj...@ucr.edu>.

Posted by Taewoo Kim <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Jacobs <sj...@ucr.edu>.

Posted by Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>.

--

*Regards,*
Wail Alkowaileet

Re: Strange error trying to run Asterix master

Posted by Chen Luo <cl...@uci.edu>.
Hi Steven,

Posted by Steven Jacobs <sj...@ucr.edu>.

Posted by Michael Blow <mb...@gmail.com>.