Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "B. Gorkem ERCAN" <go...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/19 00:08:10 UTC

logging configuration

Hi,
    A few days ago I have posted a proposal to include a configuration mechanism but that was accidentally on the wrong (struts)list. Since then I have started working on that and come to some point. What I have on hand is a LoggingManager class that manages the configuration of the all logging in the VM that logs via commons-logging. What I wish to have at the end is a LoggingManager architecture similiar to the SecurityManager that manages the some of the logging properties so that the administrator of the server can manage all the logging info of the different applications from a single point.

I know Craig prefers not to have a more complicated logging API.  What are the other opinions do you think it is worth to include such a structure in the common-logging?

B. Gorkem ERCAN