Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Aaron Coburn <ac...@amherst.edu> on 2012/05/08 16:46:08 UTC

Re: VCL 2.3

Josh,
I am setting up a fresh install of the VCL off of trunk to test the new code. I am wondering, however, about Dojo -- first, there is no information in the INSTALLATION or UPGRADE files about dojo. Second, is it necessary to use the Dojo Toolkit v1.6 or will v1.7.2 (the current release) work?

And where can I find the custom built profiles? They don't seem to be in the repository. The web code seems to be looking for them in the dojo/dojo/ directory, but wouldn't it make more sense to put those in the js/ directory and keep the contents of the dojo directory limited to the actual dojo release?

Thanks!
Aaron Coburn

On May 1, 2012, at 1:50 PM, Josh Thompson wrote:

> You'll also need to download the Dojo Toolkit v1.6, put it in the main web
> code directory, and name it 'dojo'.  You'll see some errors about a missing
> .js file for most of the pages, but you can ignore them - the missing files
> are custom compiled dojo profiles for VCL that will be included in the
> release.  When they are missing, dojo just uses everything from the dojo
> release.
>
> Josh
>
> On Tuesday, May 01, 2012 1:37:19 PM Aaron Peeler wrote:
>> Hi Dmitri,
>>
>> Yes. The svn repo is:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vcl/trunk
>>
>> I've completed the UPGRADE notes:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vcl/trunk/UPGRADE
>>
>> So it might be easier to do a 2.2.1 install and follow the upgrade
>> notes, but use svn co from truck to /root/apache-VCL-23-incubating,
>> since there isn't a release candidate yet
>>
>> I try to run through and update the INSTALLATION file tomorrow.
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vcl/trunk/INSTALLATION
>>
>> Aaron
>>
>> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Dmitri Chebotarov <dc...@gmu.edu> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Is it possible to checkout  VCL 2.2.3 code? What is the SVN/GIT address?
>>>
>>> I'm getting test servers ready for VCL 2.2.3. Also looking for long-term
>>> server reservations options and been reading that VCL 2.2.3 provides
>>> support for this.
>>>
>>> Are there any docs/drafts on the install procedure and requirement for
>>> 2.2.3?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>> --
>>> Dmitri Chebotarov
>>> Virtual Computing Lab Systems Engineer, TSD - Ent Servers & Messaging
>>> 223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5
>>> Phone: (703) 993-6175

Re: VCL 2.3

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

I'm pretty sure the Dojo Toolkit API was changed enough in 1.7 that it will
require a fair amount of changes in VCL.  So, I opted to stick with the 1.6
series.

Dmitri is correct about the custom profiles not being a requirement.

The custom profiles will be part of the actual release.  To help keep our
repository clean, I have not kept a copy of dojo in trunk under the web code.
When we create the tag for the release, I've been checking in it to there.
There is a script at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vcl/sandbox/useful_scripts/generateDojoProfile.py

that can be used to generate a build profile from utils.php which can then be
used with the Dojo 1.6 source to build the custom profiles.

I left the profiles under dojo/dojo because that is where dojo's build system
puts them when building everything from a profile.  I figured it did not make
much different to have it mixed in with the rest of the dojo code since it
will all come bundled together with the release download.

Josh

(mailto:dchebota@gmu.edu)> wrote:

> > > - --
> > > - -------------------------------
> > > Josh Thompson
> > > VCL Developer
> > > North Carolina State University
> > >
> > > my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu
> > >
> > > All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which
> > > are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public
> > > Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.
> >
> > Attachments:
> > - smime.p7s
- --

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu