Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by David Dillard <Da...@veritas.com> on 2018/07/30 13:27:27 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: java project build question, in eclipse IDE

That sounds like a good idea.  Testing on JDK 1.4, which has been EOL for years now, seems like a waste of time.

Java 6 extended support ends this December, so either Java 6 or Java 7 might be a good place to start.

Posted by Christophe Marchand <cm...@oxiane.com>.
I vote for Java 7 as a minimum for Xerces 2.12.xxx

There is still a lot of very old desktop computers with java 6 & swing
applications. And maintainers need strong arguments to migrate to recent
JDKs.

Removing support for pre-java 7 in Xerces will be a strong-enough argument.

Christophe