Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net> on 2016/01/15 18:53:08 UTC

GROOVY-7378: Support JAVA_OPTS containing quoted arguments on *nix

Hello everybody,

is there anybody with unix shell scripting know-how who would be so kind
to take a look at the pull request:
https://github.com/apache/groovy/pull/5 for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-7378 and offer some
feedback as to whether it should be merged?

Thanks in advance,
Pascal

Re: GROOVY-7378: Support JAVA_OPTS containing quoted arguments on *nix

Posted by Russel Winder <ru...@winder.org.uk>.
On Fri, 2016-01-15 at 18:53 +0100, Pascal Schumacher wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> is there anybody with unix shell scripting know-how who would be so
> kind
> to take a look at the pull request:
> https://github.com/apache/groovy/pull/5 for
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-7378 and offer some
> feedback as to whether it should be merged?

This looks very dubious to me: seeing eval exec is a bit of a code
smell.

I have commented on the PR.

--
Russel.

Re: GROOVY-7378: Support JAVA_OPTS containing quoted arguments on *nix

Posted by John Wagenleitner <jo...@gmail.com>.
I think there is a problem with the PR since it's escaping the dollar sign
(left a comment).  Other than that, if the extra slash were removed the
change looks ok to me.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 9:53 AM, Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumacher@gmx.net