Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org> on 2005/02/11 12:58:00 UTC

question about 'delete_business'

Suppose I send jUDDI a delete_business request w/ two keys.  One key is
bogus. What I get back is :

soapenv:Envelope
  <soapenv:Body>
   <Fault>
    <faultcode>Client</faultcode>
    <faultstring>Client Error</faultstring>
    <faultactor></faultactor>
    <detail>
     <dispositionReport generic="2.0" operator="jUDDI.org"
xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v2">
      <result errno="10210">
       <errInfo errCode="E_invalidKeyPassed">The uuid_key value passed
did not match with any known key values.</errInfo>
      </result>
     </dispositionReport>
    </detail>
   </Fault>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

So, this is an error in general, and I assume that I had no success w/
the good key.

JAXR says that I can do a deleteOrganizations() and have a partial
commit, stopping on the first failure.  In my case, I assume that the
first good key will be deleted, and the second not.  This seems then
that to use jUDDI (or any UDDI registry - I'm not picking on jUDDI), I
must send two separate delete_business messages?

geirm@apache.org

RE: question about 'delete_business'

Posted by Steve Viens <st...@viens.net>.
Gier,

I just checked this out and it's a bug ... and one that's also a problem
for delete_service and delete_binding.

Although the v2 spec doesn't explicitly give you a way to determine the
problem on the client side programmatically". The following seems to say
that a key will exist *someplace* within the error text:

  "The key that caused the error will be
   clearly indicated in the error text."

Steve

Posted by Steve Viens <st...@viens.net>.