Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net> on 2013/07/25 22:30:35 UTC

Extensions need approval?

Related to this post: http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=63081#p279610

It seems that a new version of the page related to the French dictionary needs to be approved. Does it take a long time? (anti-spam measure?) Current workaround is to go to the LibO site. The author took the time to make an AOO page for his extension, it deserves a green light ASAP.

Thanks
Hagar

Re: Extensions need approval?

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.
2013/7/26 Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>

> I got a remark from the author: it seems that authors have to write to a
> mail address to ask for approval, which he did.

Yea, I can confirm the author wrote our website email address and I just
replied, but he didn't ask to publish his extension, though.

> So was there a delay in the handling of the queue in that mailbox or is
> there a problem with the mail address?
> Don't take me wrong, it's not about criticism, it's just to make sure
> there has not been any change that shut down that mail address!

Just to clarify how the anti-spam filter works: once the author upload a
file he/she is the only one that can see it, and he/she sees the following
message:

"This extension is currently not published, please contact the system
administrator at !link to have it published."

The email address is the same used for all communications AOOE/T related,
and it's still aooadmin@users.sourceforge.net.

Roberto

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
I got a remark from the author: it seems that authors have to write to a mail address to ask for approval, which he did. So was there a delay in the handling of the queue in that mailbox or is there a problem with the mail address?

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.