Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Cooley <pa...@thecooleys.net> on 2004/06/27 21:13:34 UTC

Transformation Component for Repository

I have an existing transformation engine Avalon component.  The default
implementation provides transformers for xml to xslt, and xml to fop. Is
this something that might be of interest for the Avalon component
repository?

Re: Transformation Component for Repository

Posted by hammett <ha...@uol.com.br>.
> I have an existing transformation engine Avalon component.  The default
> implementation provides transformers for xml to xslt, and xml to fop. Is
> this something that might be of interest for the Avalon component
> repository?

Cool. I have one for Velocity :-)

Cheers,
hammett

Re: Transformation Component for Repository

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Paul Cooley wrote:
> I"m afraid the information isn't quite available on a public site yet.
> I'm hoping to fix that this week.  I was planning on packaging the
> components by themselves, fixing some docs and then posting it on my
> site.  But I'm afraid my ignorance of how the Avalon group wants to deal
> with components has kept me from taking steps to put them up there.
>
> Let me clean some stuff up and make it available for you.  :)

Great - that will help.

> Is there a documented process on how to get one's components/projects
> referenced/granted by/for the avalon project?

Not really - in the past its been more of a relational thing.
Developers here at Avalon doing things on projects here and elsewhere.
I guess there are a number of influencing factors beyond this - things
like coding convention, validated under merlin, test cases, etc.

Cheers, Steve.

Posted by Paul Cooley <pa...@thecooleys.net>.

Posted by Paul E Cooley <pa...@thecooleys.net>.
Sorry for the late reply.  Started a new job.  I'm still trying to get a TWiki
up for what we've been doing (well, the TWiki is up, just not publicly
available).  I'll let you know as soon as I get that done.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.