Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by dl...@comcast.net on 2014/04/14 02:11:07 UTC

[VOTE] Accumulo Blog

I have reviewed the feedback from the proposal thread and consolidated it
into a set of guidelines for an Accumulo Blog. In accordance with the bylaws
this vote will require Lazy Approval to pass and will remain open for 3
business days. I'll tally the votes on Thursday morning.

1.       The blog will be hosted on the Apache Blogs site[1].

2.       The blog will be set up using the instructions at [2] to enable
public preview.

3.       Proposed blog content will be posted in full-text or link form to
the dev mailing list.

4.       Blog content requires Lazy Approval votes that are open for at
least 3 days.

5.       Content may be cross-posted from other sites provided that the
content is more than just a link to the other site. The full text of the
original article is preferred.

6.       Content may be cross-posted to other sites provided that there is a
link back to the Accumulo blog site.

[1] http://blogs.apache.org/

[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/project-blogs

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Blog

Posted by Vikram Srivastava <vi...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Blog

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Blog

Posted by Joey Echeverria <jo...@clouderagovt.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Blog

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Blog

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
+0

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Blog

Posted by Bill Havanki <bh...@clouderagovt.com>.
Sure thing! It doesn't appear that you have a blog account, so you need to
file an INFRA ticket with your Apache ID and requesting access to the
Accumulo blog. I'll make sure you're on the admin list after it's done.

http://www.apache.org/dev/project-blogs#blogusers

Bill H

--
// Bill Havanki
// 443.686.9283

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Blog

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Blog

Posted by Bill Havanki <bh...@clouderagovt.com>.
Filed for blog creation: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7602

--
// Bill Havanki
// 443.686.9283

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Blog

Posted by Bill Havanki <bh...@clouderagovt.com>.
Sure thing Dave, happy to.

Posted by dl...@comcast.net.

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Blog

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
+1

--
Sean

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Blog

Posted by Bill Havanki <bh...@clouderagovt.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Blog

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Blog

Posted by Alex Moundalexis <al...@clouderagovt.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 8:11 PM, <dl...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I have reviewed the feedback from the proposal thread and consolidated it
> into a set of guidelines for an Accumulo Blog. In accordance with the
> bylaws
> this vote will require Lazy Approval to pass and will remain open for 3
> business days. I'll tally the votes on Thursday morning.
>

> 1.       The blog will be hosted on the Apache Blogs site[1].
>
> 2.       The blog will be set up using the instructions at [2] to enable
> public preview.
>
> 3.       Proposed blog content will be posted in full-text or link form to
> the dev mailing list.
>
> 4.       Blog content requires Lazy Approval votes that are open for at
> least 3 days.
>
> 5.       Content may be cross-posted from other sites provided that the
> content is more than just a link to the other site. The full text of the
> original article is preferred.
>
> 6.       Content may be cross-posted to other sites provided that there is
> link back to the Accumulo blog site.
>

> [1] http://blogs.apache.org/
>
> [2] http://www.apache.org/dev/project-blogs

--