Posted to kato-dev@incubator.apache.org by Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk> on 2009/06/08 09:49:15 UTC

Incubator Status

Hello,
    We are supposed to report on the Apache Kato's Incubator status by
Wednesday this week (the 10th). I've put in a draft with the status as I
see it, and where I think we are going.  If there is anything missing or
wrong, please edit our entry or ask me to do so.

You can see what I've written here:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/June2009

Thanks,
    Stuart

Re: Incubator Status

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Stuart Monteith<st...@stoo.me.uk> wrote:
> I've had second thoughts - the goals of the incubator are different from the
> JSR.

+1

:-)

> The JSR wants the RI, TCK and spec. The incubator should have a
> community, which I hope
> will come out from having a API implementation and tools to encourage people
> to download, use and (hopefully) participate.

IMHO the right time to start encouraging participation is as soon as
the project has produced something useful

- robert

Re: Incubator Status

Posted by Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk>.
I've had second thoughts - the goals of the incubator are different from
the JSR. The JSR wants the RI, TCK and spec. The incubator should have a
community, which I hope
will come out from having a API implementation and tools to encourage
people to download, use and (hopefully) participate. I've updated the
report to that effect.

Regards,
    Stuart

Re: Incubator Status