Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Maxime Devos <ma...@telenet.be> on 2022/04/14 08:13:31 UTC

Is IntStack.java under the ASL as well?

Hi,

I'm reviewing the inclusion of 'xalan' in Guix (a distribution).
I have a question about the licensing that needs to be cleared up:

IntStack.java is, according to the license header, licensed as ASL.
However, it also has a ‘@since JDK1.0’ in the Javadoc, and in standard
Javadoc usage, this is only done in JDK sourced and means that the
annotated method / class / ... was present in JDK since JDK1.0.

I don't know how JDK1.0 was licensed but I don't think it is ASL.

So what licensing terms apply to IntStack here: JDK1.0's license, or
the ASL license, the license of a later OpenJDK, or something else?

Greetings,
Maxime.