Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Dave Harvey <dh...@jobcase.com> on 2017/09/20 14:43:21 UTC

Re: Ignite/yardstick benchmarking from within Docker Image

As I understand more, I changed the subject.

The Docker image for Ignite 2.1.0 contains the ignite-yardstick benchmarks,
which include a ReadMe file that provides instructions that *do not work* if
you simply try to run them from inside the Docker Container where Ignite is
already running.

I had been trying to work from config/benchmark-sample.properties,   and
thrashed on this for quite a while.

I have gotten the benchmark to actually execute inside the container, after
setting SERVER_HOSTS=""
bin/benchmark-run-all.sh config/benchmark-remote.properties

Re: Ignite/yardstick benchmarking from within Docker Image

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
You can change a docker entry point, so Ignite instance won't start by
default.
You can do something like this:
  *docker run --entrypoint=/bin/bash -it apacheignite/ignite*

Denis

Re: Ignite/yardstick benchmarking from within Docker Image

Posted by Dave Harvey <dh...@jobcase.com>.
Yes.  When I figured that out, my immediate reaction was to kill the running
ignite instance.   But since that process was what was keeping the docker
container running, the container exits.

So instructions on how to run the benchmarks from inside the docker
container they are delivered in would be helpful.

Re: Ignite/yardstick benchmarking from within Docker Image

Posted by dmekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave!

Yardstick starts Ignite nodes itself. Any nodes visible by discovery SPI
will interfere with running benchmarks.

Denis