Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Das, Kuntal" <Ku...@Schwab.com> on 2001/06/01 02:07:21 UTC

Validator for xml-schema & xml documents...

HI all,

    This may not be a soap-related question. But I faced this problem while
working on soap . I have created some xml-schemas. And in the Remote SOAP
method I'm trying to return xml-documents which should conform with the
schemas that I prepared. But the problem is I couldn't find any way to
validate that the xml-document that I'm creating complies with the Schemas
that I've prepared for those xml-documents. I don't need a validator for a
Schema, I already have it from alphaworks.com(the SchemaQualityChecker).
What I need is a way or tool to validate that the xml documents comply with
the schemas that I've created. Otherwise I don't see any use of xml-schema
at all !!! I mean, if I can't validate an .aml file with a specific schema,
then what's the use of the schema. I think DTDs have some validators in the
xerces package, but does anybody know if there is a validator for schemas vs
xml files ?

    If u need any more information, please let me know.........

Thanks in advance.....

Kuntal