Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brian Ewins <Br...@btinternet.com> on 2003/04/02 16:04:45 UTC

IDEA was Re: Newbie questions

dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
>>I am also trying to move up to Eclipse, it seems that the Eclipse Maven
>>plugin is still in development - is that right?
>
> I'd say non-existent rather than in development...

Which reminds me to ask... I recently moved over to using IDEA, I'm
using the attached file to run Maven as an external tool. This gives you
a right click menu for java:jar, war:webapp. Any errors get hyperlinked
so you can jump to the line in the code.

It isn't ideal, as the performance is poor compared to eg maven console,
though it might be an interesting (and trivial) addition to the idea
plugin to generate the maven tool file with more goals?

Anyway - how is everyone else doing this? Sticking to maven console,
generating the ant build file and using IDEA's Ant support? Anyone
working on a plugin using the IDEA apis?

-Baz

[1] This works with b8, if it doesnt work for you (eg classworlds build)
its easy to see how this was built from maven.bat. It goes in
~/.IntelliJIdea/config/tools - C:\Documents and
Settings\<username>\.IntelliJIdea\config\tools on windows. You'll need
to replace 'c:\maven' in the file to your MAVEN_HOME - anyone know how
to avoid this step?