Posted to users@flex.apache.org by pctechtv <ch...@pctechtv.com> on 2015/05/31 19:46:40 UTC

Characters that are not unicode?

How do you make a text area in Flex accept double byte (for example) Chinese
characters. Would this be handled by the host computer and Flex/Flash not
have much to do with it. I am new to Flex but used to Flash and I think in
Flash you have to include the characters? Correct? What are other important
things to know.

Re: Characters that are not unicode?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Not sure what you mean by “accept”.  From clipboard, or by typing?  I’m
definitely not an expert on this topic, but I think Flash strings are all
unicode.  I’m not sure what happens when you cut and paste but when typing
it is building up a unicode string which if you want it to be double-byte,
needs to be converted at some point, maybe on the server.

HTH,
-Alex