Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2016/05/19 21:41:12 UTC

Confirmation that this action for LEGAL-183 meets the resolution?

We now have a first Release Candidate for Apache SIS which aims to
implement the LEGAL-183 resolution ("Is Apache software allowed to
distribute the EPSG database?") [1]. Before to submit that release
candidate to a vote, I would like to verify if it is an acceptable
implementation of LEGAL-183 resolution. In summary:

  * The EPSG database would not be included in any file distributed on
    http://dist.apache.org/ [2].
  * The EPSG database would be distributed on Maven Central as
    org.apache.sis.non-free:\u200bsis-epsg:\u200b0.7 artifact [3].
  * The META-INF/LICENSE file in the Maven artifact is a copy of EPSG
    terms of use instead of Apache 2 license.
  * Users who want the EPSG dataset need to either:
      o declare themself a dependency to the
        org.apache.sis.non-free:\u200bsis-epsg:\u200b0.7 artifact.
      o or let the command-line tools install the dataset itself, in
        which case it will prompt the user for agreement.

More details are provided in the following instructions for Apache SIS
users:

    http://sis.staging.apache.org/epsg.html

Would it be okay?

    Thanks,

        Martin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-183
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/sis/0.7/RC1/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesis-1017/org/apache/sis/non-free/sis-epsg/0.7/

Re: Confirmation that this action for LEGAL-183 meets the resolution?

Posted by Adam Estrada <es...@gmail.com>.
looks good to me, Martin

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Thanks Adam and Chris. Having ear no objection, I will start the vote on
the release candidate + org.apache.sis.non-free:\u200bsis-epsg deployment to
Maven Central.

    Martin

Le 19/05/16 � 21:24, Mattmann, Chris A (3980) a �crit :

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.