Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by manumoreno <we...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/09 17:59:43 UTC

Problem getting data from a 'CharSequenceResource'

Hi, I need some advice to get data from a CharSequenceResource:

The Resource:

The request is provided by an asynchronous ajax request (from JQuery)
to a url like 'http://<domain>/getjson'

and that is mounted as:

The component is an   tag, binded in wicket,.

The 'click: save' launchs the $.ajax.

The problem is that  is Ok,
but  is first a null string and later is desynchronized,
it writes one string from behind.

How can I refer to that string from the AjaxFallbackLink?, the
"MyResource._str" reference
is obviously incorrect. :(

Thx

Re: Problem getting data from a 'CharSequenceResource'

Posted by manumoreno <we...@gmail.com>.
Martin Grigorov-4 wrote
>> Do you think is feasible use two events in the same
>> component  ?, for example,. an 'event: {onfocus}' from Knockout and the
>> AjaxFallbacklink?
>>

> It is OK (if you know what you are doing!).

Thx a lot, everything worked fine with two different events.

Re: Problem getting data from a 'CharSequenceResource'

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 9:40 AM, manumoreno <we...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Martin Grigorov-4 wrote
> > Hi,
> >
> > The
>
> >  element has two JavaScript event listeners for 'click' event - one
> > by Wicket's AjaxFallbackLink and another by (Knockout.js ?!) data-bind
> > attribute.
> > The order of their execution is not determined.
> > If Wicket's listener is called first then it will get the old value:
> > null,
> > click1, click2, etc.
> > While data-bind's listener will get: click1, click2, click3, etc.
> >
> > Martin Grigorov
> > Wicket Training and Consulting
> > https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov
>
> Ough!, yes, there are two event listeners for click,. (Knockout, good
> guess!), I think I'll try to make two components separately or use
> different
> events.
>
> Do you think is feasible use two events in the same
> component  ?, for example,. an 'event: {onfocus}' from Knockout and the
> AjaxFallbacklink?

It is OK (if you know what you are doing!).

> Thanks a lot Martin,.

Welcome!

Re: Problem getting data from a 'CharSequenceResource'

Posted by manumoreno <we...@gmail.com>.
Martin Grigorov-4 wrote

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The <a> element has two JavaScript event listeners for 'click' event - one