Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Chad Ward <cw...@arcsight.com> on 2002/02/02 02:21:30 UTC

Cookie Support

The documentation for XmlRpcClient states that it supports cookies, but I do
not see how this can be done without having access to the URLConnection
object used by the client.  Could someone please point me in the right
direction for how this should be done.

Thank you.

Chad Ward

Re: Cookie Support

Posted by Hannes Wallnoefer <ha...@helma.at>.
When I wrote this I assumed that java.net.URLConnection would support
cookies. Obviously this is not the case.

What we need to do here is separate the XML-RPC invocation layer from
the transport layer on the client side (much like it is already on the
server side) so people can plug in other transports, e.g. HTTPClient

http://www.innovation.ch/java/HTTPClient/urlcon_vs_httpclient.html

Hannes

Re: Cookie Support

Posted by Hannes Wallnoefer <ha...@helma.at>.