Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org> on 2010/10/26 17:33:30 UTC

[1.x] OK to delete binding-feed module?

The binding-feed module is obsolete and was replaced some time ago
by binding-atom-* and binding-rss-*.  However it's still in the 1.x
trunk codebase and was (until today) in the 1.x build.  It has been
excluded from the last few 1.x releases by deleting it from the
release branches.

I'd like to remove it from the 1.x trunk as well.  Is it OK to just
delete it, or should it be archived somewhere?

   Simon

Re: [1.x] OK to delete binding-feed module?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Simon Nash <na...@apache.org> wrote:
> The binding-feed module is obsolete and was replaced some time ago
> by binding-atom-* and binding-rss-*.  However it's still in the 1.x
> trunk codebase and was (until today) in the 1.x build.  It has been
> excluded from the last few 1.x releases by deleting it from the
> release branches.
>
> I'd like to remove it from the 1.x trunk as well.  Is it OK to just
> delete it, or should it be archived somewhere?
>
>  Simon

+1

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [1.x] OK to delete binding-feed module?

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Simon Nash <na...@apache.org> wrote:
> Simon Laws wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Simon Nash <na...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> The binding-feed module is obsolete and was replaced some time ago
>>> by binding-atom-* and binding-rss-*.  However it's still in the 1.x
>>> trunk codebase and was (until today) in the 1.x build.  It has been
>>> excluded from the last few 1.x releases by deleting it from the
>>> release branches.
>>>
>>> I'd like to remove it from the 1.x trunk as well.  Is it OK to just
>>> delete it, or should it be archived somewhere?
>>>
>>>  Simon
>>>

>> I don't have a need for it AFAIK (but then again I've not really be
>> doing lots with the feed style bindings). However if you don't get a
>> definitive response you could move it to
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-1.x/contrib/modules/
>>
>> Simon
>>
> All the code that was in binding-feed is now in binding-atom-* and
> binding-rss-*, so there's no loss of functionality from deleting it.
>
>  Simon

I'd say go ahead then.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.