Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Reji Mathews <co...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/29 20:39:49 UTC

Releasing a new component // RC versions dependencies

Hello!

We are planning to contribute a new camel component for a huawei cloud
service. The component depends on Huawei Cloud java SDK -
https://github.com/huaweicloud/huaweicloud-sdk-java-v3 . The SDK doesn't
have a stable release yet, instead they are planning an RC version soon.

We wanted to know if you accept new camel component contributions which
depend on an RC (release candidate) versions of dependencies

- Reji Mathews

Re: Releasing a new component // RC versions dependencies

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

We already had experience with third parties project with rc artifacts.

There shouldn't be any kind of problem.

We just need to have the artifacts in maven central.

When do they plan to release a final version?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

RC is acceptable (not SNAPSHOT). I quickly checked and the SDK license is Apache, so it’s fine as well.

My $0.01

Regards
JB