Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by nitin sharma <ku...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/12 21:50:04 UTC

Kafka Leader Rebalance

Hi Team,

i need some help in solving my current issue related to
"kafka-leadership-rebalance"

I have 2 brokers..  i have deployed 2 topics with 2 partition and 2 replica
each in following format.. I made use of kafka-reassignment.sh for same

Topic           partition       Leader             Follower
Topic#1         P#0             Broker#1        Broker#2
Topic#1         P#1             Broker#2        Broker#1

Topic#2         P#0            Broker#1         Broker#2
Topic#2         P#1             Broker#2        Broker#1

By problem is when a particular Broker server restarts, the complete
arrangement goes for toss. All the partitions moves to one server.

I have tried putting following properties but nothing has worked:
auto.leader.rebalance.enable=true
leader.imbalance.check.interval.seconds=15
leader.imbalance.per.broker.percenatage=1

Regards,
Nitin Kumar Sharma.

Re: Kafka Leader Rebalance

Posted by nitin sharma <ku...@gmail.com>.
hi Neha,

I am using 0.8.1.1 version and have used kafka-topics to create the topics
and then later used reassignment tool to spilt the partitions to the
required brokers..

After restart, i have seen all the partitions to remain on active server
and doesn't migrate back to the restarted node.. i have waited for a while
(more than 30 min) but nothing good happened.

i can see that both brokers are in sync but still partitions wont move back
to original broker.

Regards,
Nitin Kumar Sharma.

Re: Kafka Leader Rebalance

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 9:35 AM, nitin sharma <ku...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone who knows how to solve my problem, please respond..
>
> Regards,
> Nitin Kumar Sharma.
>

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 3:50 PM, nitin sharma <kumarsharma.nitin@gmail.com
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Team,
> >
> > i need some help in solving my current issue related to
> > "kafka-leadership-rebalance"
> >
> > I have 2 brokers..  i have deployed 2 topics with 2 partition and 2
> > replica each in following format.. I made use of kafka-reassignment.sh
> for
> > same
> >
> > Topic           partition       Leader             Follower
> > Topic#1         P#0             Broker#1        Broker#2
> > Topic#1         P#1             Broker#2        Broker#1
> >
> > Topic#2         P#0            Broker#1         Broker#2
> > Topic#2         P#1             Broker#2        Broker#1
> >

> > By problem is when a particular Broker server restarts, the complete
> > arrangement goes for toss. All the partitions moves to one server.
> >
> > I have tried putting following properties but nothing has worked:
> > auto.leader.rebalance.enable=true
> > leader.imbalance.check.interval.seconds=15
> > leader.imbalance.per.broker.percenatage=1
> >

> > Regards,
> > Nitin Kumar Sharma.

Neha

Re: Kafka Leader Rebalance