Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by rubal <cs...@smart421.com> on 2006/06/16 17:36:51 UTC

How to open exported jmx file in jmeter

Hi everyone,
I am testing a https request.I am able to test the page on Badboy & exported
it to jmeter as .jmx file.Now I dont know how can I use it further for
testing in jmeter.
I have read in jmeter manual that https recording is not supported & badboy
is recommended.

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to test https request.I know this is
repetitive & most common question but I cant get any detailed answer
anywhere.
I will be great if anyone can provide me with some clue.

Thanks,
Charanpreet
Sent from the JMeter - User forum at Nabble.com.

RE: How to open exported jmx file in jmeter

Posted by "Layton, Andrew" <an...@atosorigin.com>.
You should find that the exported script opened in JMeter has https requests which replay OK - at least this method has worked for me.

Read carefully the BB instructions - there is more than one recording mode - then Export to JMeter in a suitable directory, then open the resulting JMX with JMeter.  LEave the script (JMX) unmodified - to make changes work on a copy.

HtH
Andrew LAyton

________________________________

Posted by rubal <cs...@smart421.com>.
I am using 1.3 :(

Re: How to open exported jmx file in jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
"unknown protocol: https" means exactly what it says - your version of
Java does not support https.

What version of Java are you using?

Java 1.4 is the minimum required by JMeter 2.2, and should contain
https support.

I suggest you create a simple test plan that tries to connect to a
known https server with a valid certificate such as verisign, sun etc,
and check if that works OK.

If not, then your Java installation is missing the required protocol support.

Posted by Brian Swackhamer <br...@benefitfocus.com>.
Here is a link that describes certs and using the keytool.
http://www.talkingtree.com/blog/index.cfm/2004/7/1/keytool

Also you will need to check your version of JAVA, you will need 1.4 or
above.

Let me know if you have any other problems.

Brian

Posted by rubal <cs...@smart421.com>.
I have uncommented following lines in my properties file.
ssl.provider=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
ssl.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol

But I havenot configured any certificate.I am newbie and dont know how to

Posted by Brian Swackhamer <br...@benefitfocus.com>.
Did you configure your jmeter properties file to all for your sites
certs.  Please look for the SSL Configuration portion and make the
correct changes to the file.  Anything with a '#' is commented out code
so you may have to uncomment the code to make yours work.  Are you using
a certificate from a trusted vendor (ex. VeriSign) or is it from
something else.  If it is an untrusted cert you will need to import it
to a keystore and point it to the correct location.  You can find more
information here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#SSL
_Manager

Posted by Brian Swackhamer <br...@benefitfocus.com>.
All you need to do is open up JMeter.  Go to File then Open and find the
correct file that you exported out of Badboy.  Once you have done that
you can change/add parameters and then run the test.

Posted by rubal <cs...@smart421.com>.
Sorry about that,will take care next time.

Re: How to open exported jmx file in jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19/06/06, rubal <cs...@smart421.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> With respect to my previous query,I am still waiting for someone to help me
> on this.
>
> I opened the exported jmx script & choose Run>Start from menu.I have Result
> Tree as Sampler,but I get following errors
>
> Thread Name: Thread Group 1-1
> Sample Start: Thu Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 1970
> Load time: 0
> HTTP response code: Non HTTP response code
> HTTP response message: Non HTTP response message
>
> HTTP response headers:
>
> Do I need to configure HTTP proxy or anything else to run it.May be I don't
> understand the use of exporting it.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
> Charanpreet.
>

> Following are the contents of jmx file,
> ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <node>

The file is badly formatted.
It should start

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

but that could be a cut and paste error.

But please don't send files to the mailing list. They tend to get
mangled, and can waste a lot of bandwidth.

If you need to provide a test file, please do so via Bugzilla.

S.

Re: How to open exported jmx file in jmeter

Posted by rubal <cs...@smart421.com>.
Hi guys,
With respect to my previous query,I am still waiting for someone to help me
on this.

I opened the exported jmx script & choose Run>Start from menu.I have Result
Tree as Sampler,but I get following errors

Thread Name: Thread Group 1-1
Sample Start: Thu Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 1970
Load time: 0
HTTP response code: Non HTTP response code
HTTP response message: Non HTTP response message

HTTP response headers:

Do I need to configure HTTP proxy or anything else to run it.May be I don’t
understand the use of exporting it.

Many thanks in advance,
Charanpreet.

Following are the contents of jmx file,
?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<node>
<testelement class="org.apache.jmeter.testelement.TestPlan">
<property name="TestPlan.functional_mode">false</property>
<property
name="TestElement.test_class">org.apache.jmeter.testelement.TestPlan</property>
<property
name="TestElement.gui_class">org.apache.jmeter.control.gui.TestPlanGui</property>
<collection name="TestPlan.thread_groups"
class="java.util.LinkedList"></collection>
<property name="TestElement.name">Badboy Test Plan</property>
<testelement name="TestPlan.user_defined_variables"
class="org.apache.jmeter.config.Arguments">
<property
name="TestElement.test_class">org.apache.jmeter.config.Arguments</property>
<property
name="TestElement.gui_class">org.apache.jmeter.config.gui.ArgumentsPanel</property>
<property name="TestElement.name">Argument List</property>
<collection name="Arguments.arguments"
class="java.util.ArrayList"></collection>
</testelement>
</testelement>
<node>
<testelement class="org.apache.jmeter.threads.ThreadGroup">
<property
name="TestElement.test_class">org.apache.jmeter.threads.ThreadGroup</property>
<property
name="TestElement.gui_class">org.apache.jmeter.threads.gui.ThreadGroupGui</property>
<property name="TestElement.name">Thread Group</property>
<testelement name="ThreadGroup.main_controller"
class="org.apache.jmeter.control.LoopController">
<property name="LoopController.continue_forever">false</property>
<property
name="TestElement.test_class">org.apache.jmeter.control.LoopController</property>
<property name="LoopController.loops">1</property>
<property
name="TestElement.gui_class">org.apache.jmeter.control.gui.LoopControlPanel</property>
<property name="TestElement.name">Loop Controller</property>
</testelement>
<property name="ThreadGroup.num_threads">1</property>
<property name="ThreadGroup.ramp_time">1</property>
</testelement>
<node>
<testelement class="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.CookieManager">
<property
name="TestElement.test_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.CookieManager</property>
<property
name="TestElement.gui_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.gui.CookiePanel</property>
<property name="TestElement.name">HTTP Cookie Manager</property>
<collection name="CookieManager.cookies"
class="java.util.ArrayList"></collection>
</testelement>
</node>
<node>
<testelement class="org.apache.jmeter.modifiers.UserParameters">
<property
name="TestElement.test_class">org.apache.jmeter.modifiers.UserParameters</property>
<property
name="TestElement.gui_class">org.apache.jmeter.modifiers.gui.UserParametersGui</property>
<property name="TestElement.name">User Parameters</property>
<property name="TestElement.enabled"
propType="org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.BooleanProperty">true</property>
<property name="TestElement.per_iteration"
propType="org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.BooleanProperty">true</property>
<collection name="UserParameters.names" class="java.util.ArrayList">
<property name="VIEWSTATE">VIEWSTATE</property><property
name="jsessionid">jsessionid</property></collection>
<collection name="UserParameters.thread_values" class="java.util.ArrayList">
<collection name="" class="java.util.ArrayList">
</collection>
</testelement>
</node>
<node>
<testelement class="org.apache.jmeter.control.LoopController"><Id>2</Id>
<property
name="TestElement.test_class">org.apache.jmeter.control.LoopController</property>
<property
name="TestElement.gui_class">org.apache.jmeter.control.gui.LoopControlPanel</property>
<property name="TestElement.name">Step 1</property>
<property name="LoopController.loops">1</property>
<property name="TestElement.enabled"
propType="org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.BooleanProperty">true</property>
<property name="LoopController.continue_forever"
propType="org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.BooleanProperty">true</property>
</testelement>
<node>
<testelement class="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler">
<property name="HTTPSampler.mimetype"></property>
<property name="HTTPSampler.follow_redirects">false</property>
<property name="HTTPSampler.domain">registration.o2.co.uk</property>
<property name="HTTPSampler.protocol">https</property>
<property name="HTTPSampler.FILE_FIELD"></property>
<property name="HTTPSampler.FILE_NAME"></property>
<property name="HTTPSampler.path">/Register/PreRegister</property>
<property
name="TestElement.name">https://registration.o2.co.uk/Register/PreRegister</property>
<property name="HTTPSampler.port">443</property>
<property name="HTTPSampler.method">GET</property>
<property
name="TestElement.gui_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.gui.HttpTestSampleGui</property>
<property
name="TestElement.test_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler</property>
<property name="HTTPSampler.use_keepalive">true</property>
<collection name="AbstractSampler.assertions"
class="java.util.ArrayList"></collection>
<testelement name="HTTPsampler.Arguments"
class="org.apache.jmeter.config.Arguments">
<property
name="TestElement.gui_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.gui.HTTPArgumentsPanel</property>

Re: Thank you all

Posted by rubal <cs...@smart421.com>.
-You are right they are not need if Jdk is higher than 1.4.
-Your assumption is again right,I meant java 1.3

Charan

Re: Thank you all

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19/06/06, rubal <cs...@smart421.com> wrote:

> I am able to test https request.I am using jdk1.4 & have jdk 1.3 installed as
> well & jmeter picked up jdk1.3.
>
> Steps I followed,
>
> 1.In jmeter.properties>uncomment SSL config
> ssl.provider=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
> ssl.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol
> javax.net.ssl.trustStore=C:/j2sdk1.4.2_10/jre/lib/security/cacerts
> javax.net.ssl.keyStore=C:/j2sdk1.4.2_10/jre/lib/security/cacerts

Are you sure those steps are needed?
I just tried Jmeter 2.2 and Java 1.4.2_11, and did not need to edit
jmeter.properties at all to access https://www.sun.com/

However, you may need to play with those properties if the server is
not using a recognised certificate.

> 2.Check your java version,as below 1.4 thr is no support for ssl &
>
> 3.Put jsse.jar in jmeter_home/lib or specify in your classpth if u r using
> 2.2

I presume you mean Java 1.3

> 4.Use Badboy to run https
request & save the results from File>Export to

Thank you all